Okay, before we start to going into the kitchen and slaving over a hot oven, it is good to loosen up an relax a bit. What better way to do usher in a new era of improved health than with some alcohol? Of course you should always drink in moderation, but for a proper send off we have included a few relaxing cocktail recipes to do it the right way.
The best alcoholic mixed drinks for hot summer days or outdoor parties are full of flavor. They can be fruity, subtle, rich or just plain refreshing. Jazz up some creative twists and fiery look to your drinks. Here are some party starter alcoholic mixed drink recipes to sip this summer! There is something for everyone- sweet, bitter, salty, shaken, stirred, up and even fruit induced. So spice up your party and make your beverage a smashing success!
This is a light, subtle and refreshing drink made with Lemonade and real Ginger. It imparts an exotic ginger bite and citrusy-lemon aroma. It is beer flavored and promises to excite the taste buds. Ginger Shandies are aimed at the “young at heart”, who wish to be cool and trendy. This pleasant and refreshing recipe serves 6. Here is the secret recipe.
- In a large pitcher, pour 1 bottle chilled ginger beer.
- Add 3 bottles chilled Hoegaarden beer. Mix them well.
- Next, stir in 1 thinly sliced lemon.
- Fill 6 big glasses with ice.
- Add a few lemon slices to glasses and pour in shandy. Lemon gives your drink a bit of pop.
- For garnishing, add some mint sprig in each drink. Serve chilled.
This treat is bubbling with savory flavor. It is perfect for relaxation and social situations- lounges and night clubs, beach events, social gathering and family days. The drink’s blend has a perfect crisp taste that is balanced with a sweet note.
White Wine Sangria With Summer Peaches, Lemons, Oranges And Strawberries
The version uses seltzer, white wine, peaches and strawberries. The drink isn’t just for wine lovers. This sunset colored drink is perfect for an outdoor summer party. The fruits flavors and vibrant colors will be at their best. For the recipe
- Take 1 cup strawberries, halved and hulled.
- Next slice 2 large oranges into 1/4 thick rings.
- Slice 2 big lemons into 1/4 thick rings.
- Cut 3 peaches into 8 wedges.
- Place all these fruits in a large pitcher or bowl.
- Add 3 bottles white wine.
- Mix all the ingredients properly. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature 5 to 20 hours.
- Squeeze some lemon juice in the end. When ready to serve, add some ice and 1 litre sparkling water. Serve in a glass with a ladle.
- You can also tuck some mint sprigs into top of glass. Make sure that there is enough fruit in every serving. Insert a tall straw and serve ice cold. If you wish to make your ice decorative, you can add dried cherries, cranberries etc to your ice cube tray.
Sipping a frosting drink like this one can be incredibly refreshing. It just cannot get better than that!
Pink Grapefruit Margarita Drink
A must serve drink! Try this beverage to quench your summer thirst! It is a blast in a glass. The refreshing and cool alcoholic drink has just enough gusto to keep your taste buds happy. For the recipe
- Pour 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice in a blender.
- Add 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice and some ice.
- Now blend this mixture into a puree until smooth. Pour the puree in a large pitcher.
- Add 2 cups orange liqueur and 2 cups silver tequila. Stir in well.
- In the end add 2 lemons cut in wedges.
- If you and your guests like a salt rim on the rock glasses, then rub some lime around the glass edges. Dip the rim of each rock glass gently in a plate of kosher salt. Next, set aside the glasses to dry. Pour the mixture into them and garnish with a small slice of grapefruit. Serve chilled.
This recipe is sure to please everyone. It is an excellent drink for any outdoor party in the heat of the summer.
Adding a few mixed drinks into any social gathering can make for a enjoyable and relaxed occasion. Of course you want to drink these responsibly. We want the party to be memorable, not something we can’t recall because of blackout. Indulge don’t overindulge is a good rule of thumb.
For a few more summer cocktail recipes, this time with gin, check out the video posted below.